These went on round tables so they looked especially nice and thanks to some long, wide and very sturdy boxes from the grocery store they travelled pretty well too. I think they were boxes that fruit and veg come packed in - the kind that the store puts out by the cash registers for customers to help themselves to. I regularly use these for transporting food or flowers to parties - they're easy to load, to stack and to carry plus they will usually slide under tables, hidden by tablecloths to make packing up easy too.
And here are my beauties all lined up on my garden bench where they spent the night quite happily. Aren't these colours stunning? The mix was way better than I first thought when I bought these (rather ghastly) dyed blue flowers on sale mid-week but if you'd seen all the blue and yellow at the reception you'd have seen just how pretty it all was. I've never been very good at getting those kind of shots at things like this that somehow capture all the details so these are the best I could do I'm afraid.
And this is a kind of 'aerial' shot looking down on the pretty yellow roses which were our central flower (donated ny my younger daughter Jessica). They were absolutely jam packed with blooms, even green kinda 'pom pom' looking blooms but Jilly said the green would set off the other colours beautifully and she was so right. I tried real hard to go buy just the right flowers based on her good advice.
I managed to give all but one away to various people who had kindly provided food or drink for today. Some had worked really hard baking cupcakes and things (see my efforts in a previous post). I figure they can still be enjoyed for a few days at least and each one went with the proviso that the containers came back to me. We have a family wedding coming up in July and hopefully now that I know I can do these maybe I'll get another chance again but in different colours.
Much as I loved doing them and spending time with Jilly showing me how to do something for a change the last few days have been such a lot of work that I'm really quite glad it's all now over. It's 10.00 pm and I think I've had about as much as I can handle for one day so it's off to Bedfordshire I go.
Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful looking at these pretty posies.
Hugs
Suezie



1 comment:
the flower arrangements look beautiful you did a fantastic job with them.
Post a Comment