I created the card whilst I was crafting at my mother's house but I tweaked it a bit after I got home. I also added a white paper sack that I prettied up with a bit crafting and a bit recycling and then threw in one of those sweet WMS mini envelopes with a handmade gift card inside.
I added some pretty pearl dots here and there on the card front around the flowers. These are just squeezed from a small bottle of pearlescent liquid. They dry raised so my card has a tactile element to it along with those black gems I like so much in the middle of the flowers. I also like inking up the edges of these flowers with a light coloured ink like beige. It not only softens the edges but I really like the look it creates.
I used a wide strip of patterned paper cut into a banner shape which I folded over the top of my bag. And since I was inspired by the tags in the latest release over at Claire's blog I added a layered up tag and then a further mini tag with a sentiment tucked under the flower embellishment to finish it all off. I punched two holes through every layer, threaded pink sheer ribbon through, popped in a little gift and tied it closed with a bow. So simple but really sweet.
I recycled on my tags using an old card somebody gave to me a while ago and then I recycled again die-cutting my mini envelope from the envelope that the card came in. To match everything up I stamped a pretty background of leaves and flowers onto a piece of plain white cardstock before stamping the Verve notebook page, punching the notebook edge with the StampinUp! punch that I use again and again and finished it of with a handwritten note. It's an offer of cake and coffee any time Jess wants to go.
This is just another shot. Of course there were other gifts and today we had a birthday BBQ with family so we could celebrate. She worked on her actual birthday and it's a rare thing to get us all together so that made it an even more special treat.
Well hubby is in bed and the bank holiday os just about over - back to work tomorrow I guess so I'm headed off to Bedfordshire myself. It's been a full on and very busy weekend so it might be nice to have the rest LOL! I only say that cos I have a sit down job. I might sit at a desk all day but I work hard honest!
Blessings
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment