There's just one element I'm undecided about on it - pen lines or machine stitching? I'm leaning toward real stitching but it's just so darn hot right now I don't know if I have the energy required to drag out my sewing machine. Too much like hard work. LOL!
This was the bedtime story sketch and this challenge is still running so as soon as my new stamps came I decided to play along with this one anyhow.
I originally wanted to enter the background challenge so I had been playing around with my WMS polka dot background stamp and because I used a fairly fresh Tim Holtz stamp pad and a card stock that stays wet for a while I ended up with this kinda washed out look to the background which I really liked.
I used strips of torn paper to frame up the area I wanted to stamp the dotty background into so I had the look of a torn piece of paper or fabric for my background.
And then cos the ink was still wet I stamped using the smaller WMS chicken wire stamp and it went all kinda washed out too. I wasn't aiming for neat and tidy at this stage so I was cool with that. I just love this sentiment!
I added a strip of wood grain card stock in keeping with the kinda rough country feel and again this was a WMS background stamp. I also knew I wanted to notch out the edges for my string cos I didn't want it to slip and besides it's just an extra feature and one I've seen but never done before. It's always the simplest touches that make a card cute isn't it?
You get a better look at the distressed dotty background in this shot plus I stamped up the solid feather in blue first and then the detailed stamp over the top in brown. I can't use cutting files sadly but cutting the old fashioned way (by hand) still works and I was careful to cut out the section where the feather had split.
I used a combo of Waltzing Mouse Stamps from 4 different sets for my card and literally just 'dipped' into the new 'Funky Feathers' set. Next time I'll use my PTI button die and maybe stamp up a WMS design on top to go whole hog but I loaned my Big Shot out for the time being so I had to make do with a regular button for now.
I just love the kinda washed out yellow 'scattered straw' colour and yesterday after a lovely lunch with some girlies who I haven't seen long enough to really talk to in like forever!!! (I had a FAB time BTW), I stumbled upon a basket of pretty crocheted doilies all marked up at just .25p in a charity store. I couldn't resist stopping in a couple more before heading home.
I swear one of these days I'm makin myself a doily bunting! At that price it wouldn't take much either. I am sooooo gonna do this! Maybe I should make it a class so that I HAVE TO DO IT!!
I fell in love with these doilies cos they had a gorgeous 3D flower in the centre and were a similar pale yellow shade to boot. I got them for a project this weekend but now I don't know if I can actually part with them. I like em so much I want to keep them all for myself.
And this is the sneak peek I promised - if I could've I would've entered it into the WMS PJ party. It was only going to be in the background category. I'll post the real card once I make up my mind.
I'm planning a girlie crafting get together at the end of this month and I might just use some of these new WM stamps for it. In fact I have two smaller sets to play with and now I'm thinkin I could include a set for each person huh? Might have to do that girls. I'll call or text ya once I know I can sort out the venue.
I'm busy most of the next few days but if I can get me some play time in then I'm there!
Blessings
Suezie








3 comments:
It looks like you have been having a lot of fun with all your Waltzingmouse stamps! Love what you have done with your feathers...especially with the chicken wire in the background.
I REALLY love the border you masked~the torn edge is striking! Beautiful work Suezie~
Suezie, your card is terrific, I am really inspired by your spotty background, I love how you masked with torn paper, creates a great look! Thank you so much for playing along with us and I hope you don't mind if I pin!!! hugs! ps, can't wait to see what your peek is!
Post a Comment