Wednesday, 7 August 2013

My Other WMS Card

I promised to share my other card using my new Waltzing Mouse Stamp set - funky feathers just as soon as I decided how I wanted to finish around the edges.  Well no prizes if you guessed I'd go with real stitching.  Sometimes only the real thing will do.

 
Since nothing on my card was particularly neat or straight for that matter - this was intentional I assure you - I decided to go for very random, uneven lines of stitching.  This kind of effect looks wrong with a single row so you have to do at least two or more times around for full effect.  Otherwise it tends to look like a poor sewing job - kinda like you can't sew in a straight line.
 
I used my WMS woodgrain stamp on several scraps of coloured card stock which I then trimmed and punched as desired to create this cute little bird house.  When I came to adding it to the card it seemed kinda natural to me to tilt it slightly.  Most of the bird houses I've ever seen have been real rustic and somewhat wobbly so I just couldn't bring myself to line it all up neat and proper.

 
And do you see my feathers?  If you look at the stamp set below they're actually very angled but cute as they are it seemed a bit harsh for my card and I wanted a more rounded, softer look so I simply cut them that way as I cut them out.  The only place you can tell is where they overlap cos I stamped them on the same layer.  I really like that I can get two looks from one stamp!


As with most of my stamp sets I've barely scratched the surface and it won't be too long before Claire's releasing more!  I really must put crafting higher up on my list.  There just aren't enough hours in my day to fit everything in and I still have new sets unopened as yet and another on back order. Lordy, Lordy!

Maybe I should stop having girlie lunches on my day off huh? LOL  I was back out to lunch with Jilly, my mother and 3 of my 4 sisters just today.  I'm making no plans for my day off next week - not a single one I tell ya!  And the following week Jilly's invited me over to christen her new teapot so I could just take a crafting project along for the two of us to do to make sure I get a bit more crafting in.

Blessings

Suezie

No comments: