Saturday, 17 August 2013

Baby Blues

Today has started with a kinda lazy-ish morning, something I haven't done in a super long time.  I am naturally an early bird so I love to be up and doing while everyone else is still asleep.  This morning however, hubby was 'up 'n' at em' with a couple of appointments and since my stamps are still out and about in the sitting room, on the kitchen table.... Oh Lordy!  it feels like they're everywhere at the moment.  I've even been picking them up, walking away and then been found propped up at the kitchen counter stamping with them LOL, (plus as I create this post it's after 11.00 am and I'm still in my PJ's too!).

 
Well since they're still out it was inevitable I would gravitate towards the couch, sit at the little table, pick up a few stamps and play.  I decided to grab this precious mini Waltzing Mouse stamp set and actually open it.  This is a new set of mine from a couple of months ago that I had yet to open up and try.  I sooooo have to remedy this 'not' crafting lark!
 
By the way - Eeyore is a Christmas pressie for little Charlie.  I buy gifts early so my bedroom closet is full already and by Christmas I should have the entire set of these adorable, softer than soft, plush cuties.
 
 
I am thrilled with the results (even if I say so myself - it's my blog so I'm allowed) and I so could've done with this card a few months ago when the newest addition to our family came along.  I was playing around layering up the stamps on a great big block whilst trying to figure out how I wanted to arrange all the elements together on a card and liked the result so most of this was stamped in one.  The only exception is the little lacey bit above and below 'baby' and the large circle on top of the tag.
 
EVERYTHING on this sweet card is either stamped or done using a Pro-Marker.  Who knew I'd be having so much fun playing with them right now huh?  Anyhow I used a WMS polka dot border stamp, built up my circle element on top of the tag with a stamp from a further set and added stitched holes using my sewing machine without any thread in it.  I was tempted to use grey thread and next time I just might but it was easier to just whip the thread and bobbin out than it was to change it all.
 
What you probably can't make out is that I used a Nestabilities die to cut the scrolled shape to the top of my stamped panel and then layered it (3D) back on to the relief bit which I happened to colour in grey so it has some depth to it.
 
 
And then because I turned the card over and found blue smudges on the back (which comes of having craft stuff EVERYWHERE) I had to fix up the back somehow.  I know this card has a kinda 'messy' feel to it.  I'm still lovin the Tim Holtz distress ink pads right now.  In fact later today I'm hoping to go get a pink one but I really like this 'smudged' look. 
 
I still have a stamp on back order with WMS that will give me a perfect lacey border which would've worked better on this card but I'm patiently waiting for that to arrive.  It'll be a nice surprise when it does come.

 
And this was me having a play last night just throwing together a few things.  Not sure this one works so I don't know that I'll be repeating it any time soon.

 
And this was me stamping out a whole bunch of those fabby flowers (that I am just soooo in lurve with) and over loading  a card just to see what they look like.  This makes me want to do a scrapbook page - but I NEED a Tim Holtz pink ink pad to do the one I have in mind.  Again it's all a bit OTT for my liking so I might strip back and simplify my next project with these flowers but I'm lovin the yellow, blue, green colour combo. 
 
Oh and I forgot to show this with the little black gems on either side of that framed sentiment - oops!  What you might be able to see though is the smudge I got on it.  I get this far and then set something on top of it whilst searching through the heap for something else - what am I like LOL!

 
Finally a shot of the two.  You can't say that I'm afraid to use colour now can you?
 
Oh and I think I've come up with a solution for my lack of craft room use at the moment.  Something tells me Jess is gonna be a long time at home so I'm going to make it my mission to clear out part of the wall unit in the sitting room to store my most used crafty bits.  That way maybe I can avoid the chaos that's downstairs right now and craft a bit more often.  I get so inspired when I do play and who doesn't love playing with Waltzing Mouse Stamps?
 
Enjoy!
 
Suezie

No comments: