I seldom do CAS cos I struggle not to add a bit more and a bit more but time was short and I actually liked this card just as it turned out. My adding a bit more was to add the bow but I resisted temptation to add a button as well. This shot doesn't reflect the true colours terribly well (think it's the pink background - I soooo have to make me a light box. The feathers are stamped in a Tim Holtz 'rust' colour and the cardstock is a kind of matt gold colour.
Whilst the feathers are from my newest WMS funky flowers stamp set, the sentiments are stamps I picked up at a recent craft show for just £1.50 for the two - clearly they came as a a set.
And because I wanted to add some smaller feathers inside I just used the smaller funky feathers and cut them round same as for my bird house card.
See I even managed to keep the inside of the card CAS! I'm improving LOL!
And yesterday Mr Postie delivered something new to my door. If you haven't seen these and just what you can do with them then check out Claire's blog post here. They looked like so much fun that I decided not to wait until the new release but to get hold of these straight away.
I already have a glue gun but I didn't want to have to remove the glue sticks every time I wanted to use one of these so I had hubby pick me up a second inexpensive glue gun to keep just for these Mod Podge Melts. I'll find me a plastic tub somewhere in my cupboards and keep the moulds, sticks and gun altogether.
I haven't time to actually try these just at the minute (though I'm dying to!) but in case you're wondering - the mould measures abour 3 3/4" square and the larger flowers in it are about 1 - 1 1/4" across. I thought I'd show you the sizes on the sticks too because they're pretty long sticks at 10" in length and you get a wopping 16 per pack!
I've wanted to try making my own flat backed moulded roses for such a long time now but I didn't want the hassle of two compounds that have to be carefully mixed together to harden. Claire shares several tips on her blog for using these so I'll be trying those out too. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.
And in case you haven't heard or seen any of the fab samples Claire's DT gals have been featuring pre-release later today you really have to check em out here. Like always I've been positively drooling over them and I haven't even seen the stamp sets as yet!
I'm doing a class at the end of August and seriously considering whether or not we should be using one of her smaller £3.95 sets so everyone can have a set of their own. I'm sorely tempted so I hope she's releasing a smaller set too. There will be about 9 new sets in total.
Enjoy!
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment