I am simply blown away at the sheer speed that these were delivered with. I only ordered them Monday evening (in time for entry into the 'win your order' competition). A girl has to at least give it a shot right? Today is Wednesday (my day off) and they're here already. Now that's what I call speedy delivery and great service - thanks Waltzing Mouse! And I just love Claire's little handwritten messages - such a sweet personal touch and a reminder of what a lovely person she is.
I would've loved the nautical stamps as well but they will have to go on my wish list for now. Even if I could go crazy and have whatever I want whenever I want it, I wouldn't. Since I don't teach much anymore I try to stick to a reasonable budget for craft supplies. WMS are pretty much the only stamps I buy these days and that suits me just fine. I decided to go for the floral sets cos you can use flowers again, and again, and again...... And I do!
My original plan for today was to finish several cards I have been mass producing over the last couple of days. I am trying to get another batch of cards made up for Caring for Life and used my last CAS card design as the basis. I was going to craft for an hour or two and then clean house (I was mid-crafting when Mr Postie stopped at my door).
Anyhow I had been stamping in a kinda Orla Keilly style with the solid feather in colour and the detailed feather stamped kinda off-set over the top in black.
This is my latest Orla Keilly shopping bag from the grocery store. I keep my eyes peeled for new ones and grab them when I can. They're really nice sized, sturdy canvas bags so I'd buy them anyway. One of the girls in the office has Orla Keilly notebooks and such so she always has something out on the desk which I often stop and admire as I pass by. This probably explains where I'm getting my mojo from right now.
I also needed a card for a young guy at our church who is about to go off on a study course and is hoping to become a youth worker at the end of it. I used the same off-set idea to make a CAS card for him. I really like this technique.
Of course I never quite got to the housework part of my day today cos I had to have a quick play with a few of my new stamps at least. Just so I wouldn't keep thinking about them and wishing I'd had time to play LOL. I used the WMS Two Step Floral Sprig set and stamped up the leaves in green. Then I added the vein detailing over the top in black.
Next up I stamped a small cirle from a WMS Christmas ornament set and then used the dots from the Two Step set in the centre. I let the whole thing dry before adding a scalloped border strip using a MS punch which I then stitched in place using black thread and my sewing machine. By the time I was finished I decided to add a Christmas sentiment so I have my first Christmas card of the year made - yay me!
And because it was a Christmassy card I added some red glitter to the centre of each berry. Finally to finish off the whole thing and to make those gorgeous leaves and berries 'pop' out I went around everything with a 'cool grey1' Promarker for extra detail. This card is almost a 'one layer' card with the exception of the scalloped strip but since that takes a matter of minutes to add and it's a nice addition I don't think that matters.
I imagine I will mass produce a few of these for Caring for Life as well so I have a little 'keep me busy' project over the next few days. I have worked so many 10 hour days over the past month or so that I'm happy to have the down time. Besides I really miss crafting.
This time around I'm ready for the PJ party over at Waltzing Mouse Stamps later this month and I'll be able to use new stamps to enter with too - how cool is that?
Well I guess I'd better go get busy with a bit of housework. If I don't at least get to my kitchen floor today I will go spare! We get so busy with our little plot this time of year and all the other stuff that summer brings along that the house kinda goes by the way side - at least until I simply can't stand looking at it any longer.
I have had far too many days out of late, too many girly lunches (megga fattening) and then of course I stay home today with all kinds of plans and just end up crafting and drink tea and eat red gooseberry jam all day long. It's fresh made and pretty hard to resist. Who knew red gooseberries were so darn delicious? I certainly didn't but I'm soooo glad we grow both varieties. We only have them this year cos we caged up the berries to keep the birds away. And when I'm not eating them in jam I'm having cooked red gooseberries in Alpro soya yoghurt for lunch.
I sooooo have to go work off some of these calories plus do something that makes me look like I've had a busy housework day before hubby arrives home LOL! Not that he'd say much - he's so laid back thanks goodness :-)
Blessings
Suezie








No comments:
Post a Comment