Trouble is I am in a craft mode and not a sewing mode right now!

I know I could use any of the lovely Christmas images on these cards but I love the holly leaves and especially the happy 'holly' days sentiment. I have used this sentiment before but this is the first time I have it in a stamp.

Style 1 - this uses a lovely burgundy coloured embossed card stock, inking with brown chalk ink and a cute 'heart' button for the berry. My text is crooked I know - it's just a proto-type so it's ok.

Style 2 - I ran short on the embossed card stock until I can get more next week so I used left over strips. I added faux stitches in brown pen and figure I should probably use a faux 'zig zag' on both sides of the text if I do this one.

Style 3 - by the time I ran out of embossed card stock completely I came up with this idea. I love the 'pillow ticking' fabric look papers. In fact I have ticking fabric in the blue stripe and even a small green check somewhere too. How cute would draw-string bags be? I also love the 'patchwork' idea. How cute would these cards be with real fabric? I have definately got my own Christmas card in among these designs and I'm lovin the feel of them.

Vicky stopped by today to finish off her handmade card sets and since I had my WM stamps out we made cute matching tags using the heart from the sewing box hugs set and a mixture of sentiments.

Some pretty ribbon and these matching tag embellishments finish these off lovely. Her home group girlies are gonna be thrilled with em'.
I need a few handmade card sets as gifts myself so I have plans next week to use the flowers and maybe the bird from this set. I like the patchwork theme so all I have to do is sort through my stash to find some pretty floral 'fabric' style papers. I only have a couple of weeks to finish all my projects cos I need to get baking for Christmas goodies next - WHERE does the time go?
1 comment:
Baking christmas goodies already, i only just put the tree up, and still make 2 more gifts for christmas. I know we need longer day-light, we need to emigrate to alaska.
Post a Comment