Thursday, 24 December 2009

Hand Warming Pressie

My dear hubby has been wanting some hand warmers for a long time now so I decided to make him a set myself. Can't remember where but I had seen an idea on another blog and they were cut into a heart shape which was really cute.



I decided to use the same shape since my simple gift was from the heart. I chose a kind of black demin fabric and decided I wanted a rustic look with 'quirky' sewing and frayed edges. I used the largest heart nestabilities die for the perfect heart shape - cool!



The blog suggested using rice but I cheated. I had an old wheat bag that was a bit too small for my liking so I never used it. I simply cut it open, emptied the contents into a bowl and used it to fill these hearts.

I tested them out this morning and they worked really well. In fact I had to wait ages for them to cool down so I could wrap them! I know there are at least two microwaves where he works so he can heat these up all day long. Since he works outside sometimes I know they'll really be appreciated. These were super quick and a really fun project that I think he's gonna flip over them - in fact I reckon he'll have me make more and once the guys at work see them - well!

No comments: