Having said that I still have so much of my own stuff to do that I am now free to get on with it all. I have been playing with my Waltzing Mouse stamps but my camera has run out of juice so I will have to share my pictures later when my batteries have recharged - so frustrating - aaaggghhhh!
Anyhow here's a quick card and decorated box using the Sizzix 'Texture Boutique'. Yes I'm still demonstrating it and lovin it even more each time I do. It's proving to be real popular and I can see why.

I had to share my 'easiest box you'll ever make' concept so I created what I thought was going to be a plain 'ish' box but then I decided to add some quick decoration to it. Most of what I create when demonstrating is 'ad-hock' and very much 'thrown together' as it has to be reasonably quick so if I come away having made a few things I like then it's a good demo day. Thankfully I can work this way just fine.

It won't show in this shot (maybe in the card) but the pale blue check has a pearlescent sheen as does the white card stock. Both of these were from a 'pick & mix' at YTOC so they're great value and make super sturdy boxes.
To decorate this one I used nestability dies, the texture boutique and one large Martha Stewart snowflake punch. To get the layered effect I snipped parts of the snowflake away to create a different one that I could then layer up 3D.

Then I made a matching card to show just how super quick and super easy the embossing was achieved. This one uses 2 embossing folders and three MS punches - 1 border design and 2 different sized snowflakes plus a corner rounder. Super quick and super cute - but then I am partial to mini cards. They have to be quick cos I need the time to hand make the mini envelopes for them - a bit of a downside maybe - but then I love mini cards enough to make the effort.
I can't wait to share the proto-type for my Crimbo cards this year (I'm super late I know) so Caroline if you're reading this already they will be on here today - promise. Lucky Caroline bought Claire's 'sewing box christmas' set after I shared it here so I hope you'll like what I've done Caroline. I am planning on using these more now that I have some time to play.
1 comment:
This is such a pretty project Suzie, very sweet little set
Anne x
Post a Comment