Tuesday, 1 December 2009

School Dinners!

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me as I got to have a school dinner with Madyson. I took a day off work so I could be there with her and mummy when she had her first ever school dinner. She will be going full time after Christmas so not long now. Vicky won't know what to do with herself as the youngest of three finally grows up enough to go to school.

It was really strange being back in what was my old school when I was younger and being in the exact same dinner hall too. In my school days two kids always went up and got trays of plates, cutlery and dinner and then served it once back at their table. Of course health and safety would never allow this today but it was certainly interesting to see the littlies carrying their plates to the table.

The staff were absolutely brilliant with all the kids and Maddy loved choosing what she wanted. She had a slice of pizza, sweetcorn and a bunch of cucumber which she loves. At home she barely eats enough to keep a bird alive and is a 'grazer' so it will be interesting to see how her eating habits change after a few school dinners.


Of course it wouldn't be a proper school dinner without chocolate crunch and custard which was a big hit with the kids and an even bigger hit with the mums. Chocolate crunch is something my mother made hundreds of times over as she was deputy head cook at a local school for many years until she retired - but she still makes it today!
After dinner Maddy went on to nursery and mummy and I got to meet her new teacher 'Mrs Goody' - how cute is her name? - and then we got a tour of Maddy's new classroom.
I was really glad I got to share this with Madyson and I know she loved having both mummy and I with her. These are the kind of things I wouldn't miss for the world.

No comments: