If you're like me then the thought of handmade gifts is really heartwarming. Only trouble is the idea of finding time to make it a reality is something else entirely. Today while it snowed outside I wrapped up warm (got a sore throat and cough and trying NOT to let it get any worse) and got to grips with the last bits of crafting I needed to do to finish a bunch of gifts for friends and family this year. OK so I actually have a couple more gifts to finish but at least I have now done the bulk.

This is the final result of a morning spent crafting. I used my 'oh so cute' WM stamps again. Of course this lot has taken several sessions to produce so it's a real feeling of relief to finally have everything complete and ready to package up and give. I love delivering goodies so I can't wait!

Since I like to make absolutely everything from scratch when I can I produced a whole bunch of handmade envelopes. Check out the tutorial section to see how easy these are to make. I used envelope glue from StampinUp! to finish them off and make them look more professional. This is great stuff - you simply swipe the sponge tipped applicator along the edges of the flap, leave it to dry and then it's ready to lick and stick just like any other envelope.

Since I have a real love of making boxes, bags and tags I had to whip up a batch of clear acetate boxes to house the sets of cards. Again there is a simple tutorial here on my blog - just go to the 'tutorial' section and you can make cards to suit the size box or change the box to suit. My finished box was 4.5" x 4.5" square. The envelopes were slightly smaller than this and the cards smaller still. I love square cards and especially love mini cards.

After all this work I decided just to complete the box with a bit of pretty pink sheer ribbon and nothing else. On the ones I am giving just as they are I will add a tag and flower maybe but several of these are to tuck into bags with other items - besides we only have 1 week left till Christmas and I still have things to do.
Dave is planning to make his first batch of nog this weekend hopefully and I will make goodies to give with it. I am debating whether or not to make fudge this year. I have a super quick, super easy 'cream cheese fudge so if i do I'll try to share the recipe here. We're hoping the weather won't get any worse as I we want to try to go see Jessica over the weekend as well so we can drop off her presents. I'd rather have her home for Christmas but it's her busiest time of year at work so it's just not happnin'.
Right now I'm pleased the weather's cold cos the nog has to sit and cool overnight before it's strained and more ingredients added to finish it. We have way too much in the fridge this time of year to remove shelves to fit in the BIG pan it takes to make it so we always cover it tightly and cool it outdoors overnight. The cold spell right now makes the perfect outdoor refridgerator!
No comments:
Post a Comment