Saturday, 19 December 2009

Easel Cards

Well despite feel utterly crappy yesterday (and worse today) - I'm well and truly full of cough and cold - I managed to make a few Christmas cards that I needed for friends. I chose an easel card design as my base because Christmas cards are always on display over the holiday period and they sit so well - all 'perched up' and proper.


Now I realise I should've taken an inside shot cos I layered up several papers on the different sections so they looked like patchwork. Oh well - too late now as I gave them out yesterday.

I kept them simple and cos I liked the WM stamped cards I had made earlier I just made them a larger version.


This is a side view showing the easel detail. As long as you add an element to 'prop' the card up against the card sits all by itself. If you've never made one of these cards why not have a go. Whatever card size you choose you simply score across the front panel at mid point creating a fold on the front of the card. Next you cut a single panel the same size as your card front and adhere it to the front of the lower half of the scored section - voila!

You can use a brad, button, flower, 3D sentiment (like I did) or anything else that will keep the front of the card nicely 'propped' in place. You can add your greeting inside or like me add it to the back half panel. One tip though - be aware that when the front folds your paper wants to buckle and pull away. I got around it by cutting and adding paper to each section individually. Darn! Should've done an inside shot - sorry folks.

Well I'm coughing nicely so I think it's time for another cup of tea. Enjoy!

No comments: