We only have lettuce and yummy radishes right now but eventually there will be spring onions. celery (first time we've tried growing that), cucumber, courgettes (lovely in a salad), beetroot (again lovely grated raw in a salad), carrots and several different kinds of tomato. Oh and I forgot the rocket, spinach and chard - I like a mixed leaf salad and I much prefer raw baby spinach to cooked.
To finish off the evening yesterday I stewed some rhubarb from the plot and had it with a Cornish cream icecream - YUM - lucky me. There's reward for all the hard labour!
5 comments:
Your garden is beautiful. Looks like you still have your green thumb, Dave. Remember the garden you & Suezie had in our back yard. I'm envious except for the hard work!!! Love, Momn
All looks fab, my brother had an allotment when he was in Walsham - with chickens and I have really missed the boxes of vag and eggs - but he's starting a kithen garden at The Cadogan Arms and has already got the chikens!!
It looks great, our little patch is coming along and can't wait to eat the fruit of my husbands labour. See you monday
Eunice
Wow. What a garden. It looks like a garden you would see on a gardening show. Dan just got our little garden patch tilled a couple of days ago. Kinda late, I know. Your sis-in-love, Sandy
so when we gonna see somthing else,have done anything with those new stamps you got
eunice
Post a Comment