Saturday, 2 May 2009

Demo Saturday

Yesterday was a demo Saturday - every 1st & 3rd of each month - and I was demonstrating the nestabilities dies (plus some pretty rubber stamps I will post later). Here are just a couple of the things I created.


I absolutely love papercrafting - maybe even more than card making and scrapbooking some days. This is a simple origami box (one that I've featured before on my blog) made out of plain paper but given a whole new look simply by adding plain and scalloped squares using the nestability dies. After layering up the squares I embellished with my favourite daisy die and the whole thing ties together with some really pretty Bo Bunny polka dot ribbon. I have been known to get a bit silly over 'polka dots' before now. Love, love, love em!
I am always amazed how a flat piece of cardstock or designer paper can be transformed into something so pretty and so creative. There are some fab ideas out there - check out the splitcoast stampers link in my blog list for a few more.



Ordinarily I would've added some buttons and maybe a b'day embellishment to this card but I ran out of time. Amanda has some really cute wooden embellishmentsin store. I'd add a couple of bright buttons hanging off the upper left corner of the text box plus a bright wooden embellishment hanging off the bottom right of the text box to finish this design off perfectly and to add a fun element to it too.

I was making it to demonstrate the nestabilities dies remember! Anyhow it's more of the Bo Bunny b'day paper range which is so bright and such fun. Again I have only scratched the surface with these papers - THERE JUST AREN'T ENOUGH HOURS IN MY DAY/WEEK/MONTH !!!! - I simply cannot do ALL the stuff I want to!

There was a bunch more stuff but you gotta be there to see em.

No comments: