Monday, 18 May 2009

Another Demo Saturday

Last Saturday was another demo morning and after I had finished the table looked like this.


I had some lovely pastel papers and glittery flower embellishments to work with so a patchwork quilt theme came quickly and easily to mind. this is one way to fulfill my first love of sewing with my more current love of crafting. I seldom get to sew much at all these days but I love to add faux stitching details with pens or stamps and had great fun creating 'quilted' backgrounds.


I decided for a change I would make a couple of mini (8 x 8) scrapbook pages. I love scrapbooking and don't get to do nearly enough of it. This page uses a simple 4 squared patterne paper background, 1 photo, a die-cut leaf (Sizzix), a simple rub on text, glittered flower embellishments and a scrap of vintage looking lace. All it's missing is a couple of pastel brads and some pearly buttons.



This is a more recent photo of Maddy. This is a quilted background too but with 4 strips instead of squares. Add some scalloped edging, some yellow trim, a die-cut swirl (Sizzix), stencilled leaves and glittered flower embellishements again and there you have it.


What you can't see is the beautiful embossed detail on the cream coloured background page. Up close it looks just like lace!

Finally I'm sharing this little flower album I started. It has one of the new dies (Sizzix again!) that is a really cute flower tag with hanging loop. I added a rub on verse to the centre circle for a bit of fun. I have outlined the whole thing using a black fine liner pen and added leaves with each page so they layer up around the finished project.
Looking back at these just makes me wanna go make a 'Maddy' album!
I have a few more things to share but it's getting pretty late and I'm starting to yawn now so much as I'd love to keep going I'm gonna quit for now and will try to get a couple more posts done tomorrow. I have several updates to do on the computer so I will be back - promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda send this post to me when Francie & I were in Indianapolis, Indiana, seeing Aunt Margie & Uncle John. John got a kick out of printing it off and bringing it to me at the breakfast table. I love getting pics of my "GGK's". I'm glad smiled in a pic for Big Grandma. Give her a hug for me.