Saturday, 25 October 2008

My First 'Card Recipe'

Yesterday morning I was in my craft room making a quick 'farewell' card for someone that works with Dave but will be leaving next week.

It's kinda hard to GET inspired when you're rushing around and trying to get ready for work but I think I did ok with this card. I might make the picture panel smaller next time though.

It was for a girl called Kathy and she was also someone I worked with several years ago too. I hope she likes it when she gets it and I really wish her well in her new job.


I know the 'recipe' should come first and then the card but this morning I created my first 'card recipe' based on this design. I love to give handmade cards but since I'm usually doing them in a rush I never quite get around to making another one.
That may just change! I figure if I create a recipe for each design then I have instructions (or at least a layout guide) to make another one. This morning I also found time to recreate this card a few more times so I can put together a gift of a handmade card set.

Each one has a very slight difference, i.e. buttons, brads or snaps. Now that I have the recipe I can create a few more for the set in different colours
Cool!

No comments: