He has quite a successful business so he can honestly say his products are a load of rubbish! Sorry couldn't resist.
I have also been inspired by a few quilting/sewing blogs I've been checking out recently too so this little project saw me getting a needle and thread out and revisiting one of my very first passions - needlework & sewing.
It began when I started cleaning my craft room this morning. I was sorting out more ribbon to put in new jars and that left an empty container. I decided to amalgamate some of my embellishment tubs into the larger container and ran across several decorative brads. Well then I decided I could open up some of the packs and put the brads in another useful hold-all so I was left with the foam pads. Hhhmmmmm?
I promptly went into creative mode, grabbed some really cute fabric scraps I've had for ages, some ribbon, clear button, scissors and a needle and thread. I had already cut a couple of fabric flowers out using my Sizzix so I used these too. To die-cut fabric easily simply sandwich it in between 2 pieces of thin paper.
I began by sewing a few loops with the green ribbon.
Next I stitched the flower to the ribbon loops, added the clear button and stitched the whole thing to the fabric band that was going to hold two foam pads in place.
Finally I pinned the whole thing together and slip stictched the band closed arounf the pads.
Voila! I now have a recycled, hand-made, uniquely designed pokey tool holder. Best part is it actually works too. Now part of me is thinking 'I will never lose my pokey tool again'.
SURE!!!
The other part of me is thinking 'now where did I put that pokey tool thingy'!
No comments:
Post a Comment