Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Christmas 'To Do' List

I finally got a picture of my 'Christmas to do List' project that I made last month for a class. I had taken it to the shop and forgot to take a picture of it to share. It's a real shame the class didn't run as this one would've been fun to do.


It's maybe a bit 'busy' so if I made another one I'd try to change that somewhat. I added some of the fun things about getting ready for Christmas.

In our house it starts with the traditional Christmas candy dish being put out (and filled up regularly!). Who doesn't associate chocolate as part of Christmas?

The 'write cards and send' is a real reminder because I'm very bad about doing that one - same for 'wrap presents'. I usually talk Dave into helping me. Most years this one ends up being last on the list!

Next 'trim the tree' is one of my favourites, especially since the grandkids come over now to help with this one. We all love to unwrap each ornament and decide exactly where it should go.

And so the list goes on including Dave's eggnog and my baked goodies that we love to make and share each year and that we take great pleasure in running around delivering to all the people who bless us through friendship each year.

This was a perfect project for the 'faux' brads idea and saved me having to find buttons for class.

I also love that I was able to create text using my computer and then I could personalise it by adding boxes around featured text. I then used chalk to colour in the boxes and make them stand out even further. I cut the text into strips so the background paper could still be seen but inked the edges of the paper strips so the text stood out more. I put a box around each of the title letters and left a space inbetween each so I could cut them out individually.

Finally I used staples (one of my favs) and scraps of ribbon to finish off.

I planned to do a layered 'ready to mix' cookie jar and a 'gingerbread' cookie gift with left over matching papers and designs. I will post when I have them finished.

No comments: