Saturday, 25 October 2008

Inspiration

I am definately in the mood to create today and I have found my inspiration. How lovely does this swirly paper look with the yellow polka dot paper? Both of them have a distressed look to them.

Square frames are hard to find, especially 12 x 12 ones but I've had this one sitting around just waiting to be filled for a while now. It's kind of a grey/blue colour and has a distressed look to the wooden frame which follows right along with the papers.

Since I knew I felt like doing this kind of project today I decided to gather together a whole bunch of elements to get inspired. It's great fun sifting through all the ribbons, papers, buttons and brads and then seeing what else can be thrown into the mix.

I love the colour scheme that is taking shape. The frame reminds me of 'shaker' or 'country' style so I have decided to create a 'patchwork' background and do a bit of faux stitch detailing. I love the large flower too and I may use smaller hand created daisies along with it. I plan to add a verse of scripture and one main photo so it can be on display anywhere in the house.

This is hopefully going to be a Christmas gift so I will show the finished background when I've done it but I can't show the picture or it'll give too much away.

I have almost finished my other memory clock and I have 2 frames to do for someone else too so I NEED to be inspired to get these gifts finished. I am still waiting for photos that have been ordered.

I'm loving a day to just craft and de-stress after a busy week.

No comments: