I've only ever made a couple of these granny square cushions before (last Christmas) and after a day at Leeds market I found the perfect wool which as it happens was also on sale so I got me a bargain to boot.
As always with a flash on your camera the colours seem to come out way brighter than they are in reality. You will just have to trust me when I say they are way more subtle than they look in these shots as I matched the colours pretty perfectly to the colours in the chair behind. And as if I needed an example to prove it this chair below which looks bright red is in fact pink!
Once I complete my square - and I can do one of these in a day making them a great project for a long journey or several hours in the garden in summer - I simply stitch it to my fabric, usually just inside the edge and a second row of stitching closer to the middle to keep it in place. Then when I add the additional cushion fabric so it becomes a removable cover rather than a fixed cushion I use the first stitch line as a guide and stitch just outside of it so that when I turn it right side out the seams match up perfectly along the edge of my crochet panel.
By making it a removable cover it can then be washed. I can't abide a cushion that can't be washed!
And before I go I'll leave you with a few more shots of Leeds, this time of the indoor market where I picked up the wool.
Dave and I were just facinated with all the detailing in this building - it was pretty amazing!
And yes it was covered with more of that Tour de France T-shirt bunting that seemed to greet us everywhere we went.
Oh and I found another shot of a store window that had been painted up especially for the occasion. It's kinda weird how you can see the reflection of the real little town in the window too.
Enjoy
Suezie






No comments:
Post a Comment