Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Putting my Talents to Good Use

I feel so very blessed to have been made creative, that is to say that I have been given some small measure of creativity.  More and more as I get older and as time moves swiftly on I'm looking for ways in which I can use these skills and talents to do for others.  I guess what I'm trying to say (rather poorly) is that I've had so much pleasure from crafting over the years and teaching allowed me to share it.  Since I don't teach anymore (and I'm pretty okay with that) I'd still like to give back, to share.

I do that by making up bunches of things and sending them to our friends in Leeeds to sell at the charity they both work for - Caring For LIfe.  So whilst we were house sitting for them I took down several projects to get finished cos I just couldn't seem to find time over the summer to do that whilst I worked.  It was just too darn hot and sticky and i was way too tired after a long day at the office I guess.


 
I took my sewing machine along and used it most evenings.  It's my way of relaxing and I could do this we had a few rooms downstairs to choose from.  I made up a whole bunch more of those super quick and easy pocket tissue holders in some of my much loved CK fabric.  Because it takes minimal fabric I don't mind using it because I have bags left over.



 
 
And because our hosts had a myriad of hearts all over the house I picked up several little hearts to attach to the various bits and pieces I left for them.  I had great fun choosing these hearts everywhere we went and now when I look at hearts (which are EVERYWHERE in stores right now) I can't help but think of them.
 
Blessings
 
Suezie

No comments: