Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Tour de France!

I am only too aware it's been quite a while since I posted anything here on the ol' blog but summer is always a busy time of year - for everyone - not just me.

We have just returned home a couple of days ago now from Yorkshire where we house sat for Christian friends for about 10 days and it was lovely.  When we weren't out and about I kept myself busy making all kinds of things so I have a ton of stuff to post.  It may take me a few days to get it all on here.  I even crafted as we traveled around (crochet) so I have some of that to post too.

For now I will just leave you with several pictures of the evidence left behind from the recent Tour de France that took place in and around Yorkshire.  Sadly we were a week or two late for the race but it was still lovely to see evidenc of it everywhere we went.  The yellow and green colours were still so vibrant!

 
I just loved the knitted T-shirt bunting!

 
Several of the shops had taken the time to have windows painted up with cycling scenes.
 
 
Bikes, bunting and flowers were crammed into every nook & cranny.
 
 
 
 
This tower of flowers was taller than me. I'm 5' 2" and was bursting with colour.

 
I snapped this one chained to a tree just across the way from York Minster when we visited the town of York.

 
Certainly makes ya think of summer with the bright yellow huh?

Enjoy!



No comments: