I absolutely fell in love with it once it was finished - so much so that I could happily have kept it all for myself LOL! I have concluded that if something is pretty enough that I want to keep it for me then it's special enough to be given away to the person I've made it for.
I have been wanting to make one of these ric rac roses ever since I pinned it on my Pinterest boards and I wasn't a bit disappointed. They turned out exactly as the instructions said they would.
I chose to use one of my PTI button cards to mount it on for gifting simply by arranging it and then marking where to punch two holes to pass the brooch back through. I popped it into a pretty white paper sack and then decorated up the outside - sorry I forgot to photograph that bit - I was in a rush to get it to her.
And here is a slightly more close up shot. These are super easy to make that I could easily whip up a whole bunch whilst watching the telly. I made the leaves using a circle of fabric. I simply folded the fabric over in half which created a curved raw edge and a folded straight edge. I used a running stitch on the curved edge catching both layers in at the same time. Once you pull up the stitches the straight edge bends down on either side giving you a perfect petal shape - or in this case a leaf.
I covered the back with a padded out circle of pink fabric to hide all the stitching and added a brooch pin to the circle. If I make another one I'll be sure to photograph the back as it was super neat.
To go with her brooch (and flowers and choccies) I made up a quick card that was a variation on the one we made at her tea & chat group. I used my sewing machine and stitched on the background paper plus a bright red heart shaped doily. Next I layered up an inked and distressed round doily and then finally one of the WMS images from a set I am currently borrowing from a good friend. I had previously coloured in the flower image just having a play so this became my colour inspiration.
And here's a close up shot of the sentiment. I did decorate up the inside a bit but again I didn't get time to take a snapshot. Between church in the morning and evening and then running around gifts to my mother and older daughter I didn't get much time in-between for anything else.
Well I have to run, it's been my long day at work so I've been up since 5.30 am today and still going, it's now 6.45 pm and dinners cooked so I'm off to dish up and have me a bit of a sit down and rest.
Hope you ladies out there all had a good Mother's Day
Hugs
Suezie




No comments:
Post a Comment