Sunday, 17 March 2013

Half Pint Heros

I made a purchase of an older Waltzing Mouse stamp set recently.  I just HAD to do it!  There are several sets that I simply haven't ever gotten around to buying yet and then some that I umm & arrh over simply because I can't make up my mind if I'd use them (or need them).  And every now and then a reason comes along like the holiday club we're running at our church.


The theme this year is outer space so we're running our very own 'space academy' in April.  It hasn't taken long for word to get around that I am a crafty soul and I was asked to do the badges for the young space cadets this time around.  I knew as soon as I got the brief from Beth that I HAD to have the WMS Half Pint Heros stamp set.  This was one of those sets that had me umming and arrhing for some time now.  I see such cute cards but the grandkids are getting older and I don't do boys so well so I've always avoiding getting it until now.


I've been working on my proto type over the weekend and this is what I finally came up with - an entire sheet of stamped and coloured badges that have the event and year plus the words 'space cadet' and space to add the various kids names.  I stamped up and coloured sheets to make mass production easier.  We need 30 per group and there are 4 groups.


The four groups will each be represented by a different coloured planet - red, blue, green and yellow so I will add a coloured circle  behind each.  They then get laminated and we'll add safety pins to the back to attach them.  Beth has a special silver pen to add in the names of each child.

All in all I think they turned out pretty cute so I'm really glad I had a reason to finally make this purchase.

All that's left to do now is reproduce and cut out the 120 badges and coloured circles we need.  Phew! Tomorrow evening I'm sewing up a bunch of costumes with one or two girlies for the play.  Shame I will be at work and don't even get to go along myself huh?

Blessings

Suezie

No comments: