She had prepared us a lovely lunch too and we had some yummy cakes to boot. I simply couldn't think of a nicer way to spend a day off and I hope we get a chance to do it again some time.
Linda and I brought the home made cakes and Jilly brought flowers for our 'hostess with the mostess'. And since I had a few extra bits cut out from my session at St Peter's the day before I added a few more bits and made up little goody packs for us all.
I picked up this 'keep calm' clear stamp for just a round pound at the Hobbycraft store in Northampton when I took my mother to see her sister in hospital last weekend. Simply stamped on kraft coloured card stock and tied with Baker's twine it didn't need much more than that to pretty things up a bit.
Sheila had planned a pretty project for us all to do as well (though I still haven't finished mine yet). It was a box designed to look like a book which was every bit as easy as Sheila said it was. I have to add embellishments to the front, finish the inside and then decide what I will put in it.
And can you just see the owl note pad coming together on the table in the picture above? This was an impromptu bit of crafting when Sheila got her Cri-cut out. I have had several opportunities to purchase one of these machines over the years but passed up them all - much to my regret now of course but Sheila cut me some of the cutest owls. I ended up using this paper she had just purchased from Paperchase and attached the owl so he swings free. I still have to finish this project too because he needs beads for his eyes, a button in the flower, an elastic loop on the side for a pen and I'm even going to add a length of elastic to keep the notepad closed, maybe even a magnet on the back. I just need to go purchase elastic since I can't find mine. Then hopefully I will make a few more for gifting.
And last but not least a shot of Jilly with her 'eyes' on. Oh Jilly 50 is catching you up fast m'dear! LOL. It's her turn next so I can say that.
But for now since I am home sick with cough and cold and feelin' pretty crappy with it I'm gonna warm up some soup and either watch a good period drama or go back to bed. I can't quite decide which. All the girls in the office have been sick with coughs & colds at one time or another over the past couple of months and I thought I'd been real clever in avoiding it. I was clearly getting a bit too sure of myself huh? And poor ol' mum has a chest infection so we were clearly sharing a bit too much too. If I think I'm bad - she sounded dreadful on the phone yesterday! Think we just need a couple of duvet days mum.
Hugs (from a distance so you don't catch it too :-)
Thanks Sheila for a lovely day!
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment