Monday, 4 March 2013

More From Birmingham

I promised to share a few more photos of the Birmingham trade show so here they are.


The Sizzix stand is always my absolute favourite and it's one we all made a bee line for.  Not only is it always heads above the rest when it comes to display but the sheer inspiration and then excitement has never ever failed to deliver.  I know the details are a bit hard to see but hopefully if you click on the photo it may open up larger.


I just adore the 'flea market' pocket die here and the sewing, jars and scales are right up my street too.  I own at least 3 different jar stamp sets and I wouldn't rule out buying another one LOL!


These were beautifully embossed button cards and you all know how much I like those.


And just to prove we were there here's a shot of Rosina perched on the stool at one of the three Sizzix demo areas.  One area was completely dedicated to fabric and the appliqué with some of the new dies for fabric was just gorgeous - made me want to rush right home, get out the sewing machine and cut fabric it did!


Can you see the jar front & centre?  The sizes on these were surprisingly generous too.  I didn't get snapshots of everything and I nearly lost my camera on this stand so I'm lucky to have any shots to share at all but there were garden themed dies and the seed packets/pockets were pretty cool too.


And dies are becoming more and more ornate too.  These posterboard/chipboard shapes with scrapbooked embellishments hanging from chains were just beautiful up close and for real.  My photos don't even begin to do justice.

There are some super exciting things coming onto the craft market.

Speaking of which - there are some super things being sneak peeked over at Waltzing Mouse Stamps which is where I'm headed this afternoon.  I would go there now but I have to put together the bits for some simple cards for my mother's 'tea & chat' group at St Peter's Church in town.  This is a group of elderly ladies that meet for company and fun activities so I have to keep it simple but I want to be doing so many others things plus I'm nursing a sore throat right now.  I am teaching tomorrow afternoon so it has to be done!

Guess I'd better log off and go get to work designing the card.  I have the basic elements done - I just need to get inspired - hard to do when you're feelin crappy huh?  Spose maybe I should get dressed at some point today too huh LOL!  I'm havin a PJ day don't ya know.  Heaven help me if anyone knocked on my front door tho'.  I got up at 5.30 am then went back to bed at 6.30 am and didn't get back up until almost 9.00 am.  That's soooo not like me!  And now I'm struggling to get into gear.  Another cuppa and maybe then I'll think about it.

Blessings 

Suezie


No comments: