Thursday, 29 October 2009

First Submission

Finally I can share something that I have known for a while now. One of my pages is featured in the 'readers submissions' section of the December issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine!

I have been buying both this and the Cards magazine for several months now and really like them - bit pricey - but I love the size, the style and the big glossy photos as well as many of the designs featured. I am always being told 'you should submit your work' but like everyone else I guess I figure there's always someone better than me out there, plus I wouldn't care to be rejected.



Well I decided it was time to take the PLUNGE and I got accepted first time - yay! And here it is .

I submitted my 'Sweet Dreams' page featuring Maddy asleep in her Disney princess nightgown. It's a shame some of the detailing has been lost slightly in print. I had to include a 'how to' so it does detail some of the techniques used in creating the page including the delicate pink stamped and glittered swirls in the upper left corner which look lovely up close and for real.

I am thrilled that it featured on a whole page as well and now that I've been accepted I won't mind too much if I get rejected next time. There WILL BE a next time cos I plan to submit a few more pages - why the heck not? I don't plan on living my life with a handful of regrets to show at the end of it.

While this is the first time I have had a project appear in a craft magazine it's not the first time my name has appeared in print so I dragged a copy of a piece the West Suffolk College did on me for a local newspaper a few years back. They had just hired me to teach short courses for them and were keen to introduce scrapbooking. I thought I'd share it cos it's fun to see how both myself AND my style has changed in this shot.

I am of course a few years younger and several pounds lighter in this shot too. I was invited along for a photo shoot so the whole thing was very exciting at the time. Even more exciting was seeing my name in the college brochure that was distributed throughout local papers - I have a copy somewhere?

I am truly grateful to many who have helped, supported and encouraged me in developing my craft talents over the years. AND especially to those who encouraged me to submit my work! THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH! It means a lot to me. Hope you don't mind that I shared.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good woman!! it's a lovely layout! finally had time to pop over and take a peep at the wee stocking!! you made it up beautifully! thanks for letting me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Across the ocean, your family is very proud of you. Keep up the fantastic work. Love, Mom and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi, Suezie -- Yes you are such a talented lady and an inspiration for us. As mom has said, keep up the fantastic work. Love, Sandy

Rose said...

well this is fantastic girl!!! such a pretty page and if it looks better in real life it must be awesome :)