I only ordered a single set initially so I could see what quality they were and I'm happy to report that they're great. There are so many stamps squeezed into just one set and Claire as a crafter herself has cleverly designed them to work with Nesties; making them a 'must have' if you own a die-cutting machine and Nestabilities dies. At £13 they're alot of stamps for your money making them great value as well. I know we're all watching our pennies right about now so value for money is really important.

This set measures 8" x 6" so you can imagine the sizes. To give you an idea - the star stamp uses the largest star die! Just like Verve, Claire added a handwritten 'thank you' on the invoice - I love the little personal touches like that.
I wanted desperately today to play with these but today is NOT a good day. I have simply just 'lost' today somewhere. I decided maybe I could just copy one of Claire's samples, maybe one of the tags or something but that wasn't working - don't have much mojo at all today!

In the end it has taken me ALL DAY to make a single card and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get a nice shot of it. I used red 'glittered' embossing powder but because of the glitter, silver and sparkly gems I kept getting flashback. I took the card into the light, turned off the flash and lost the detailing completely (plus my tremor was so bad I couldn't hold the camera steady) so I 'gave up'. You will just have to take my word for it that this card looks lovely up close and in person tho' it's hard to tell that the centre circle is 3D'd with glittered edges and the text is silver embossed!
It didn't help my mojo that I couldn't find the wide silver ribbon I know I have somewhere so I had to settle for white which had to be pieced in the end making me altogether disappointed with my effort. In theory I like the card's layout so I am NOT going to give up and I fully intend to have a proper play - just as soon as my energy level returns. I am determined to do Claire's stamps justice and I can't wait to see what she has designed for us next!
2 comments:
And just how absolutely tickled do you think I was to come across this wee post!!! you are too kind Suezie!! your card is just fab, i love the red glitter!!!!
You might think that the card doesn't show up very well but I think it is perfect. Love the bright colors, etc. Mom
Post a Comment