Thursday, 15 October 2009

Guardian Angel

It's been a long time since anyone asked me to make them a card and surprise, surprise, I actually agreed but a work colleague needed one and I couldn't refuse. Her son's 'other' granny fought with cancer and won but has now been told she has cancer again. My work colleague had her own scare with the 'Big C' and always races or cycles great distances to raise loads of dosh.

I thought a guardian angel might be real appropriate right about now so this is what I was making at 5.30 am. I am usually up at 6 am most mornings, certainly on a work day but I happened to be too tired to do it last night and was awake and alert so I just got up!


I had this angel already half coloured lying around so I finished it last night and then sourced out scraps to match but that's as far as I got before running out of steam and heading for an early night. This fatigue stuff really is the pits!



I threw the rest into place while hubby was taking his turn in the shower this morning so I didn't have long to do it. I am soooooo glad I have craft stuff lying around everywhere right now. I do eventually clean it all up but this time I was very thankful I hadn't - huh? - imagine that? - who'd have thought I could say I was glad I had craft stuff all over the place?

My colleague wanted some special words inside so I had to do this bit at work in my lunch hour. I simply took what I needed to work and made the liner instead of my usual blogging and checking e-mails.

I was super happy that I'd used up some scraps from my stash, she was happy cos she couldn't find just what she wanted in the store and I even made a couple of squid. Quite surprising when you consider she used to bring her handmade cards in to work and I used to buy them. She simply doesn't have time anymore but then who does?

No comments: