Monday, 12 October 2009

Createalicious challenge

I quickly want to share a card that I am entering into the latest createalicious challenge. You can check them out here http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.com/

The task set was to use pink or plum with burgundy and green and add lace or fibres. I think this creation just about covers it although maybe I should've used a more neutral paper behind when I took the photo - oops!




The main decoration on this card features layers of plain and scalloped hearts in burgundy, dusky pink, pale green floral and a brown paper that has a woven look to it.
The front of the card is cut short so the whole thing is tied closed not at the end as you would expect but at the end of the front. I punched a slit in the back using a StampinUp! punch. I secured the ribbon at the front under the heart, passed it around the back and through the slit so I could tie it in front.



Here is the card opened so you can see what I mean. I added some lovely old crocheted lace that I've had for years. The finished card features inking (brown ink) and stapling as well as faux stitching - 3 of my absolute favourite techniques.

Since submitting for the first time ever to a magazine recently and actually getting chosen (will share more soon promise) I have been encouraged to enter more challenges and I'm really enjoying them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the layered hearts and the buttons...it all works beautifully together! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious!


Abby:)

Andie's Space said...

What a fabulous feature on your card. All the elements work together so well. Love the mix of modern & vintage. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Hugs,
Andie xx