Sunday, 28 September 2008

On Yer Bike!

Wow what a busy weekend we're having!

Yesterday I spent the day with a friend at Alexandra Palace in London at the Big Stamp and Scrap booking show helping her out. I have always been as a customer before but never on the other side, selling. It was an early start and a long day but it was fun and we met so many lovely crafters.

Today was a special service at church and a BBQ so it was another early start and busy, busy, busy.

Dave finally managed to pick up our bikes on Saturday. We had such good fun at Thetford forest a few weeks back that we decided to get bike for the exercise. Can you believe this is my first ever brand new bike!
This lovely blue one is mine and the black one is Dave's. He has the saddle bags since I am going to have enough trouble just staying on mine let alone carrying any weight on back. I have a basket I need to fit to the front of mine so I can just about manage that.

They both have a kind of 'retro' look to them and have some lovely features like the silver wheel fenders and chain guard.

I just love the look of them, especially the flower details.


The seats are pretty cool although I had to lower mine as far as it would go. My short legs wouldn't reach the ground easily.


I didn't realise just how MASSIVE the wheels were when we looked at them in the shop. I have had to lower my seat just to be able to reach the ground when I stop.

I'm not actually very good at bike riding so I have a lot to learn. If I can master a few things to get me by I'll be happy especially if we can get to the allotment and back, into town and do the cycle routes around our neighbourhood - that would suit me fine. We did manage to get out and ride on them for all of 15 minutes this afternoon and I struggled so I am going to have to persevere I think.

No comments: