Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Marie Curie Cancer Care

I recently posted the cards that our Crafty Women's group made for the Marie Curie Cancer Care fund-raising this year.

I'm not sure how long this activity has ben going on but basically you pick up a bag, create a handmade card to fill it and send it off. The cards are then distributed to Marie Curie Charity shops to be sold. ALL proceeds go to the cause. For anyone who doesn't know - Marie Curie help provide hospice care to the terminally ill as well as many other good works in the fight against cancer.


One of the aims of our group is to 'give something back' and this seemed like a really enjoyable first project - not to mention it involved crafting - how cool is that?


We managed to make 55 cards in total which is 5 more than I had anticipated so I'm really pleased with our efforts. It also gives us a target to beat next year.


These are just a few of the cards.

I made the birthday blessings one (bottom left).


My friend Jilly actually painted the snowdrops picture (bottom right) during painting classes and then copied it to create her own 'artwork' cards - how clever of her!

These cards were made by Cheryl and feature the special Marie Curie rubber stamps.

A big THANK YOU goes out to all the girls for their hard work in making this a successful first 'give back' project. Now on to the next one.

No comments: