Saturday, 12 April 2008

Class Projects

I am due to teach April's class for Amanda in a few days and I wanted to share the designs we'll be working on.


I had created several designs using Craftwork products and my own supplies so when it came to choosing the materials for class from the shop, it mean't I had to do different colour schemes to make them work.


I had originally done this one in pretty pinks and might not otherwise have thought to do it in blue. I love the blue - green colour combination. I used a pre-embossed frame, the smaller flower template and one of the text ovals. These products are reasonably priced so they're great value for money.


I wanted to show that you can create simple, quick mini cards too so this one shouldn't take but a few minutes to make. It uses the small flower template and a text oval.

I love the flower on this one but I'm not too sure about the bow. I think I might've put the flower in the centre if I was creating it for myself. This one uses an embossed frame, the small flower template and a round text piece. I actually made this flower seperately and then added it to the card.



I know this photo is a bit blurry but I was trying to get a close-up of the layering. This is the first time I have used silica gel rather than foam pads. I tried foam pads but I couldn't get the same depth without squishing each layer as I worked. I have become a real fan of the gel method. I was able to move things around to get them just right. Once they dry there is a certain amount of 'spring' if the card suddenly got squashed so it stays the way you arranged it.

The idea is to demonstrate several techniques throughout the class so everyone has a few ideas how they can use these Craftwork products. They're proving popular already so I don't need to plug them but I've had great fun and I love using patterned papers to create the flowers for a different look.

I have some of the freebie text samples left over so I might be tempted to make myself several flower 'embellishments' while I watch telly this evening I think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Suezie, they are beautiful, thanks too for being so understanding.. i will keep in touch i promise.
take care
Michelle...x