Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Blue Doodlebug!

I am still playing with these papers but I wanted to share my creations so far.

Since I used pretty pink and orange doodlebug papers for Maddy's third b'day, I decided to do something for Zacheriah's eighth b'day next month. I know Doodlebug may be bright and a bit 'in your face' but they work really well for kids. I just loved the blue and green papers which were soooo perfect for a b'day boy!

I started with a recycled box. I am a bit of a 'pack rat' who collects anything I think might come in useful so I was thrilled when I stumbled across this box in a cupboard.

I had obviously flattened it out and saved it for a revamp!


I began by adding coloured panels over the existing (and somewhat tacky) decoration. Thankfully the background box was white otherwise this might not have worked so well!


Then I added some ribbon and used a sticker from a sheet to create an embellishment on the front.



Since it was for a b'day and I planned to fill it with all kinds of goodies - Maddy had great fun digging through her box - the presents sticker worked well. I plan to add a b'day rhyme to the top so I haven't quite finished it yet but you get the idea.

Then I decided I needed a birthday card to go with it. Zach always appreciates my handmade cards so hopefully he'll like this one.

Of course I couldn't stop there so I created a mini card and then a scrapbook page ready for a few b'day photos.


This is still a page in progress because I have brads, buttons and a few crystal words to add but I want to get photos in place before I do.

I purchased one stripey paper, 1 circled paper, 1 matching sticker sheet and used scraps from my stash to create all of these. I still have plenty left to create another card or two yet!

I even managed to find green and blue stripey wrapping paper to wrap his other presents in so the whole thing will be colour co-ordinated. I just love when things match!

Now all I have to do is find lots of little treats to fill this box and wait for 2 weeks until his b'day arrives and I can actually give it to him!!! Patience has NEVER been one of my strengths!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the blues Suezie, they are fab, thanks for sharing!