Sunday, 16 March 2014

Time With Charlie

Charlie is our youngest grandchild - just 8 months old and yesterday I got to spend a morning with him and my daughter in town.  I grabbed my camera since I realised I have had so few photo opportunities this time around and for the benefit of family and friends I thought I'd share.

 
Since I live not more than 5-10 minutes from the beautiful Abbey Gardens we walked through on our way into town and stopped off at the children's play area for some fun.  Perfect photo opportunity too (wink, wink).
 
Charlie had never been on a swing before so we weren't sure what he'd make of it but he loved it.

 
Between Mmmy behind pushing and Grandma in front with the camera it wasn't long before he was smiling and gigling away!

 
Next it was off to Costa for coffee and a bite to eat (& a fresh diaper) for Charlie.

 
Then after all that excitement Charlie was plumb tuckered out and like the absolute doll he was, he took a nice long nap, all snuggled up in his buggy with one of the blankets Grandma made him.  He loves to feel something soft against his cheeks as he drops off.

 
Charlie was the reason I learnt how to do Granny Square crochet.  My first ever attempt was a pale blue, yellow and white blanket which worked just fine but then I wanted to make another one and to use bright colours.  This one is by far everyone's favourite including mine!
 
Right now I am almost finished with the one I'm working on except that I lost my favourite crochet hook last night.  I can't for the life of me figure out how?  I set it down to go into the kitchen for something and it was gone when I got back!  I've lifted up the couch, had the cushions all off, checked that it didn't roll off and fall somewhere, even hoovered the couch in the process but still no luck.  It simply HAS to turn up eventually but I may just have to go buy a new one in the meantime.
 
Sis if you're checking in and seeing these photos of Charlie - enjoy!
 
I have more posts but hubby has just arrived home from a weekend Christian men's retreat and I want to go hear all about it.  Catch you later.
 
Hugs
 
Suezie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting!
Love you, Sis!!