I didn't have a pretty box for my second gift ao I folded up some pretty wrapping paper, stitched the gift inside, trimmed around the edges with pinking sheers and added ribbon and tags.
I made up this sweet onsie card. I trawled Pinterest for the basic shape idea and really liked the onesie with slight curves best.
I actually made three of these (one for me to keep as a sample) but I needed two identical ones as neither baby has been born just yet. Yellow was perfect as was this WMS nordic baby set. At just £3.99 it fab value too.
This shot shows the bib detailing. I used the round cross stitch stamp in this set to create a bib and then added the edge detailing with a tiny stamp that I was able to place on my block at a slight curve. I used this same tiny stamp for edging the sleeves and leg openings too. Then I stitched around the entire card with the machine. The bow is made from binding ribbon that I coloured and scrunched back when it was all the rage.
I added a couple of buttons to the base for added effect.
Here you can see my homemade template. I drew my outline on one folded half of a card, cut it out and then traced it on the other half to get both sides perfectly even. The card measures 5.5" tall by 4" wide so it fits into a standard side envelope.
I used the exact same template for my liner but I simply cut way inside my lines - a good 1/8" all round so it would sit nicely inside.
Well that's it. I said it would be quick. Hubby's on his way home hopefully and I have to get to Women's Bible Study tonight.
Hope it inspires you!
Hugs
Suezie







No comments:
Post a Comment