Thursday, 20 March 2014

Oops! Baby Blanket

Oops! In my haste to get a quick post on here I plumb forgot to show a picture of the baby blanket that I made to go with the baby onesie cards!

 
I had a chunk of the baby fabric left over from the earlier baby gift but not quite enough to make up a full blanket - time for a little patchwork then.  I picked out the blue and yellow colours from the fabric and set to work backing my patchwork with a lovely soft  cream fleece - still light enough for the warmer weather by the time baby arrives because the fleece added the padding keeping it much thinner than if I added extra wadding.

 
I had enough scrap to make a binkie clip so both gals would have one of these handy things.  I had made one for my own grandson and then had to make extra because Charlie would suck on it and get it soaking wet.
 
 
And today I was thrilled to pick up a major bargain in prep for future baby shower gifting.  My bestie Jilly and I spent an entire day together trawling through charity shops, stopping only for a lovely lunch and then cake and coffee later in the afternoon (thanks Jilly).  I picked up these lightweight unlined cotton curtains (Boots brand) that were brand spanking new for just £4.50 the pair!  That's less than I paid for my fabric for the earlier gifts.  They are still so crisp and it was clear looking at the header tape they have never been used.
 
And since they already have a patchwork look to them they'll make up into blankets super quck and I have all those lovely ready made patches to machine quilt around.  I feel like this was meant to be cos when Jilly arrived at my house she had with her, two bags of quilt batting that her daughter hadn't used and was passing on to me.
 
I also feel as though I want to do some sewing tomorrow so I have something prepped and ready for the next baby gift request.  I am itching to do a thin blanket with a flannel backing and crochet an edging all around it.  So with that in mind I'm off to Pinterest to check out a few tutorials, oh and I'll also be checking out 'fidget aprons' and fidget blankets'.  I'd never heard of them until today but they help people with dimentia.  If you can sew and you know someone with this illness be sure to check them out.
 
Blessings
 
Suezie
 

No comments: