Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Boys T-Shirt

Just quickly wanted to share this card I made for number 1 grandson in February this year.

 
I took my inspiration from a rather plain creation whilst browsing Pinterest and of course I knew I could do something a bit more with the basic concept.  I was in a super hurry since Zacheriah was due at the house for a birthday tea in less than 30 minutes so that gives you some idea just how quick and easy this card is to create.
 
First up is a basic square card, easy peasey!  Next cut two smaller squares for the sleeves - these are placed in at either side at an angle, stuck to the inside front.  Next use an oval die or in this case I used the CM cutting system to cut a contrast oval and then the same die moved slightly to create the neck 'ribbing' band.

As is my style I inked just about every edge in sight for more definition and then stamped a motif on the shirt (what boy's t-shirt doesn't have some kind of motif or design on it) and layered up some PTI die-cut numbers for his age.  Hard to believe he's 14 already!!!
 
As with every card I make I added a liner and in this case I stuck it to the inside front to hide the sleeve placement so it doesn't give the game away.
 
I've helped my mother make this card recently too using a red plaid card and it was just as cute.
 
There you have it.  Super quick, super cute card for a teenage boy - any boy in fact, and actually I plan to create a pink girl one at some point too - why the heck not? - girls wear t-shirts too.
 
Enjoy
 
Suezie

No comments: