Thursday, 27 January 2011

Still Here Thankfully

Hi there.  Just wanted to say I'm still here - just haven't crafted for a while.  Between trying to keep afloat at work doing a two man job while my colleagues off sick (hope you're feelin better Pauline) and coping with whatever nasty bug it was that hit me over the holidays I've literally been out of it this last week.  To top it off I had an unexpected ride in an ambulance on Tuesday and am on strict 'rest, rest & rest some more' prescription from my doctor for the next week.  It was pretty scary let me tell you - gave the girls at work some excitement (and probably a scare too) but they were brilliant in taking control and getting help right away - hats off to them and many thanks too.  I'm on anti-histamines and steriods for a few days but I should be fully recovered in a few days time.

I'd craft while I'm off since this usually relaxes me but the room is still so topsy turvy that I can't do much in there right now and the vertigo this bug has left me with just makes me dizzy trying to climb over and around everything anyhow.  I won't be sorry to see that go I can tell ya!  Maybe hubby will help over the weekend so I can potter around in there next week.

I've decided instead to give credit elsewhere and share a couple of projects that I got from two lovely people this year.  Been meaning to share them but with all this going on I've not had the chance - sorry girls.


This first one is a tin that my BFF Jilly made me for Christmas.  She recycled a tin (well done Jilly, I'm ALL for recycling!) and filled it with some 'pamper Suezie' goodies.  This daisy punch is one of my favourites - who doesn't love a daisy?  It's now sitting proudly on top of my new(ish) craft cupboards - just love that I have smaller cupboards with space for baskets and a few 'on-show' items.  Thanks soooo much Jilly. 

When Jilly said I was going to get a hand made gift this year I was so excited.  She's been trying her hand at sewing so this wasn't at all what I was expecting and was completely surprised.

This next one is a beautiful Christmas card from a lovely gal called Rose who took the time and trouble not only to make it for me but to send it overseas so I love her for it.  We were both on the Project Tuesday DT and have stayed in touch.  She's a support to me in so many ways including a faith we both share.  Next time I'm back home we may just have to try to meet up who knows? but I would dearly love to.

Rose puts together papers and colours that I'm probably not brave enough to. I love the dove on this card and the DP she cut it out of as well.  Rose putting those teeny tiny pearls on a card would probably drive me crazy so I don't know how you have the patience to do that.  I love that you've taken such time and care to make this just for me - thanks sweetie :-).  This one's living in my heart shaped card rack display hanging on my craft room wall.


And last but not least I ran across this photo while I was uploading the others and thought I'd share.  Whilst we were back home we took the opportunity to visit our favourite Christian store and picked up some jewellery and T-shirts for the kids.  Dave got himself this T-shirt which the boys admired when he wore it so it was kinda neat to see their reactions when they both got one the same as Papa's for Christmas.  They were absolutely thrilled!  Kaleb couldn't wait to pose for a photo.

The front says 'Jesus beat the Devil...' and the reverse has a wooden cross and the words 'With a BIG stick!' on it.  We don't get to buy things like this in the UK too often so we take the chance every visit back home to check out all the Christian stores.  Do you know how lucky you all are over there? 

Well my prescription was for lots of rest so I think maybe I'll go fish out a DVD and sit and relax with a movie all afternoon.  That way when hubby comes home and asks if I've rested up I won't be lying when I say yes LOL!  I guess I'm just not a 'sit still for 5 minutes' kinda person but I'm learning that I may have to be.

Blessings to you all

Suezie

1 comment:

Rose said...

girlfriend you rest and get better! will pray for your health :)
i have the same crud and am on two breathing treatments.......they along with the (tons) of antibiotic seem to be helping.......now if this cold yucky fog would leave i might just get 100% well :)

so glad you like the card :)putting all the tiny stuff on is very relaxing for me! lol

OK that is one of the BEST shirts I have ever seen!!! what a witness to Christ :)