I was soooooo NOT in the mood to craft today so I struggled with this at first and ditched the 'cupcake' theme I was originally gonna go with. Instead since I'm tidying scrap papers I reached for them.
I would've preferred a button in the centre of the flower but I think Maddy will appreciate that it has her age on it instead.
I decided to use some of that yummy crinkled ribbon I got from Sherry a last year so there would be lots of lovely 3D, touchy/feely kinds of things for Maddy to enjoy. I know the grown up word is 'tactile' but this is a soon to be 6 year old I'm referring to LOL.
I had enough spare to create a matching tag for her pressie and thankfully I picked that up quite a long time ago and I even have pink polka dot wrap somewhere that'll look cute.
She lurves Hello Kitty so when I saw this I thought it would be perfect for her and bought it on sale last year (do that kind of thing a lot). Mummy will be putting her new giant cupcake pan to good use for her cake and as Maddy's favourite food right now is pizza we'll let the kids make their own which should be fun. She is having a b'day party at school this week - apparently this is something they can do over the lunch hour which sounds fab and then we're having a family celebration for her too.
If I'm putting up balloons then I have a good excuse to put that pretty fabric bunting up again - and oh yeah! I get to leave it up cos next up is MY b'day and then a few days later my Grandson's b'day. Oh I just love when I can put the bunting up and not be in a hurry to take it down :-)
Hubby will be shaking his head at me no doubt but surprising how I've learnt to ignore it LOL!
Birthday Blessings to Maddy and anyone else celebrating a b'day this month.





No comments:
Post a Comment