Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Oh Scrap! (just smaller)

Just wanted to share a quick picture of a smaller version of my new scrap storage - like you really wanted to know - I'm sure LOL!  But what the hay?  It's MY blog - besides I'm enjoying the feedback where you're sharing your own 'scrappy' ideas.  I love to know what other crafters do just as much as the next person so keep sharing please.


On my way home from work yesterday I stopped in at a store that had baskets in the window and I couldn't resist a small basket.  Not exactly the same as the ones I have (and not as good quality either) but it's not far off so that was what swayed me in the end.  I was still looking for a place to store my smaller scraps - you know the kind you grab when you need to mount a sentiment, need a small block of colour on a card or just want to die-cut or stamp a flower.


I liked my large paper basket storage idea enough to want a smaller version to sit on the smaller work area.  I may have removed the large desk from under the window but I've had hubby build in a smaller organised work area on the opposite side of the room.  That way I can pull out equipment such as my big shot onto the work surface and use it without interrupting my project on the main desk.  Well that's the plan anyways.  We'll see if it works or not won't we?





Hubby and I watched a movie together last night - Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief - we missed it when it came to the movies so we picked it up at the store over the weekend.  It was really good by the way.  Anyhow I sat and created a smaller version as I watched the movie. 

I decided to do these ones by colour groups and printed off a sheet of names of colours to punch out into tabs.  I still have a few more tabs and dividers to add but this should make sorting out my mountain of papers much easier.  Hopefully this weekend I can I create my paper rack labels and share a picture of that system.  Paper is still very much one of the craft items I buy especially when I see a super cute design to add to my collection so it's really a big deal that I'm finally getting it all organised nicely.



One of the things I particularly like is that I even have room to store one of my mini guillotines - did I spell that right? in this smaller basket  This one is from Creative Memories and has a storage drawer that pulls out.  I may just keep a few adhesives in there for quick crafting.  I have frequently been known to pop into my craft room for a 5 minute 'fix' before going to work.  Yeah - I'm really THAT bad - shame on me!

I promise the next post will have a craft project for those of you who are sooooooo not interested in my craft room/storage stuff.  I did say I didn't want to bore anyone didn't I so I won't.  Having said that I love that some of you are sharing your ideas for storage right back with me.  Thanks for sharing :-)

Blessings

No comments: