Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Cupcake Stand

I just had to share this with you. I spent the day with my younger daughter Jessica today - this is a very rare thing indeed and only in the last year or so have we been able to spend time together without clashing - we are too much alike.

Anyhow we decided to check out some shops we don't often get time for and Marchants in St John's Street came top of the list. It's full of such wonderful things for the kitchen and home and I can never come out without having bought something.

Well I passed up the opportunity to buy a cupcake stand on our last trip back home and I have been regretting it ever since. Earlier this year I missed getting one in Candle Blue (also in St Johns Street) so when I saw this lovely thing sitting in the window display of Marchants I knew I was going to have to buy it.

I still can't believe it was only £14.95! Even better, it was the last one left and the display had to be taken apart for me to have it! It holds 18 cupcakes at least and possibly a few more besides.

I have a love of cake stands, pretty dishes, glass, stainless steel ( I think it's the shiny that gets me - like a Magpie) and so I collect.

All my collection may only come out now and then but they do come out and I do get to use them.

This is a close up shot and while on closer inspection at home I discovered it came apart in 3 places so storing it is not going to be a problem.

I can just see us using this for one of Maddycakes b'days all filled with pretty pink cupcakes - how cute. I am toying with the idea of keeping it up and in my craft room with jars of embellishments on it. How pretty would that look.

My other daughter Vicky is co-hosting a baby shower next week with a cupcake theme so I think I may let her borrow it. She will get to use it before I do but I think I can live with that.

Oh dear - I think I feel cupcake inspiration coming on. Where did I put the Sizzix cupcake die I've never actually used?????? Watch this space.

Of course there is still the matter of the lovely red glass 2 tier cake stand that I still want in Marchant's but Jessica knows I have put it on my Christmas wish list so who knows - I just may get to add another one to my collection!

No comments: