That's not strictly true since I did manage to create a couple of things I pinned but when compared to just how much I pinned in 2012 it's laughable. Trust me!
I ran across this idea for an embossing buddy on Betsy Veldman's blog (PTI) and just had to have one. I simply couldn't resist and then once I made one I knew I had to make up a whole bunch more - 15 in fact!
And in case you're wondering just what an embossing buddy is - let me tell you. You use it to wipe lightly over the surface you plan to stamp on so that when you add your embossing powder and then lightly tap it off, it doesn't cling to where you don't want it to. Basically it reduces the amount of static cling on your card stock. The idea is that it gives a neater image. I often think too many people give up on stamping and embossing because they struggle to get good results.
And here is my little tin full of embossing buddies which will be going out to all my crafting friends to wish them 'happy crafting' for 2013 plus you can also see what kind of mess I made filling the little bags. My counter top looked as though a mini snow storm had hit by the time I'd finished making these. I just loved sifting through my Cath Kidston scraps to make these and I even cut into some fresh, never before touched (well often touched, never used) fabrics that I've been waiting to create something with.
And because I am gifting these I decided I had to have a card to go along with them but time being short I opted for a simple design. I've had this PTI stamp set for a while now - always intending to use it but never quite getting around to it so now seemed like the perfect time.
Isn't this saying just sooooo true? LOL. I have been a collector for years!
A few of these got posted out today so girlies - watch your mail boxes. A few more will go out over the weekend and then the last will go out next week.
So although I'm behind in posting on the blog isn't it good to know that I've been crafting already for 2013? Like I said - start the way I mean to go on. I have plans to go craft with friends and family on Wednesday next week so I might even have something else to share with you all - who knows?
Guess you'll just have to watch this space to find out.
So all that's left to say is that I hope you all had a wonderful time over Christmas and to wish you all a year filled with loots of crafting fun for 2013.
Blessings
Suezie




No comments:
Post a Comment