Saturday, 5 January 2013

Christmas Gifting

I ran out of time to get much of my own Christmas gifting done for 2012 and had to settle for making some cupcakes and packaging them in recycled plastic containers.  I have a cupboard in our carport where I store these whenever I get any along with some of my jam jars and whenever I need one I drag it in, clean it up, add a tag and some ribbon and it's good to go.


I purchase these cake decorations (Santa) at Palmers each year.  They sell them individually and usually have 4 or 5 different designs.  At around 10p per decoration they're a much better deal than buying the packaged ones in the supermarket plus you can have as many or as little as you like.  I would suggest taking a small plastic container to bring them home in - although they do wrap them in tissue paper - but I'm usually doing a bunch of shopping so my bags get pretty full and I worry I'll squish them.

I'd also suggest getting in early each year - pretty much as soon as you begin to see them in the display case in their cake baking section - they sell out pretty quick.  And if you need a pretty cupcake during the year for a birthday then they sell some pretty amazing roses individually too.


And I didn't manage to get a single wheat warmer made up for gifting despite buying up all the wheat I could find in Butterworth's store in the Traverse shortly before Christmas.  I ended up making this one after Christmas but as it was for my doctor and my earlier appointment had been cancelled I lucked out and she never knew LOL!


It's difficult to see it in this shot but I add a loop (left of photo) to the inner wheat bag which makes it easier when getting it in and out of the microwave and the quilted cover.  I like to make a washable cover since I can be a bit funny about things you can't easily wash.

I've been enjoying these ever since I made the first one a couple of years ago - in fact hubby and I both have two each and this time of year I heat them up and pop them into the bed just before we head up.  I am one of those people that simply can't sleep if I get cold so with one of these to snuggle to keep me warm I drop right off for a good nights sleep.

Well if nothing else it means I have everything I need to make these so I can be ahead of the game next year huh?

Hugs

Suezie

No comments: