Saturday, 15 September 2012

Surprise Page!

Well no sooner had I said I might not get time to craft but then I found myself crafting this very afternoon! We were due to have dinner with some friend's this evening so we could meet their new baby boy - just 3 weeks old and I'd promised an additional gift once he was born.  I made some hand sewn items for the baby shower but had in mind to do a framed scrapbook page once baby arrived.

I didn't think I'd have time since I was elbow deep in zucchini bread most of today (I'd promised to make and donate some for the allotment sale tomorrow) but I ran short on eggs after the first couple of batches so I decided to make good use of my unexpected free time and craft.


The page was framed and under glass when I took these shots so apologies for the slight glare - I didn't want to have to take it out of the frame.  Jo is mad about Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and has kitted out the nursery in these characters with lots of bright colours so I knew I wanted to add to her theme.


I tucked a bouncy Tigger cut out in one corner just for fun and to draw attention to a special date - the day they became a family!


I also wanted to add a piece of scripture since these were Christian friends of ours and I knew it would mean a lot to them.

I chose from Psalm 139 and it reads 'you created every part of me; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully & wonderfully made'.  This is particularly appropriate because after having been married 13 years this was very much a miracle baby and an answer to prayer.  Then I finished off the entire page with some machine stitching using an orange thread so it would stand out.

They were both thrilled with this gift which made it all worth while and their little baby boy was lovely.  He's really suffering with colic right now so I really felt for him and hubby got christened all down his trousers.  It's been a few years since that kind of thing happened.  And when we left them to come home, baby was asleep and they were headed for a long night while they wait for their dog Daisy to give birth to her own babies.  I was sooo hoping she'd have a puppy or two while we were there to see it but she didn't.  I love the miracle of child birth no matter who or what it is.  I was my daughter's birthing coach for all 3 of our grandchildren plus I love to watch shows like 'One Born Every Minute' .  I cry every time!

As I type this post I can hear bag-pipes playing outside and every now and then a big cheer goes up.  We saw the pipers as we were driving home. The town is full of ladies walking for charity, in the dark and in their PJs no less and the pipers have positioned themselves just outside our house.  Our two girls are out for the evening and they won't be expecting to see so many ladies out but I hope they stop to cheer them on.

As for me?  Well I'm headed off to Bedfordshire.  It's been a real long and busy day and tomorrow promises more of the same.

Sleep tight and don't let the bed-bugs bite!

Suezie

No comments: