Thursday, 19 July 2012

Sewing for Baby

I have been doing a whole bunch of sewing for babies over the past couple of months and just wanted to share a smidgen of it.

I have been making bandana bibs, burpie cloths and binkie clip sets - have even sold a few to friends as well.  This particular set was made for a lovely couple who will be expecting their miracle baby in a couple of weeks.  I was invited to her baby shower so it was a good opportunity to give her this gift early.  I have something else planned for once baby arrives.


I used one of my (precious) chenille bedspreads backed with this fabric to make up a snuggly baby blanket - perfect for laying on the floor for baby's nap time plus made a matching taggie as well.  These should all come in handy hopefully.



I also made up a story book bunting for Jo cos I knew they were coming to dinner with us last weekend.  She is mad on all the Winnie the Pooh characters and has decorated the nursery herself.  I just happened to have an old WTP book with brightly coloured pictures on every single page.  I knew the bunting would look cute in the room but sadly I am so out of sinc with blogging that I forgot to take a photo of it (darn it!).  It was megga cute by the time I'd finished too.

I have a couple of comic book buntings cut out and ready to go so I'll post a picture of those at some point - promise.  I can't tell you just how many books I've bought from charity shops and then torn apart right now.  Seems a shame at first but when you see what can be recreated with them you soon get over it.

I have lost a couple of days due to 'whatever knocked me for six' like a 24/48 hour bug - I even had to cancel the evening of crafting at mum's yesterday cos of it but today I'm back to my old self - well the old self that's still battling labyrinthitis anyhow.  Hubby and I are off to Northampton area next week to celebrate our 32nd anniversary and to spend some time with Jessica - it will be nice to get out and about instead of being cooped up here at home all the time.  At least today I actually feel as though I could craft and just as well as I have a birthday gift that needs makin for a sweet little old lady at our church.  Hopefully I can post it later.

Hugs.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really pleased to see you blogging again. Have missed your cheeryness and inspiration.
Hugs Tricia