Saturday, 21 July 2012

Waltzing Mouse Stamps

Well I promised I'd post my latest project this evening so before I head off for a relaxing bath and then bed I'm keeping my word.

Mr Postie finally delivered the remainder of my stamp order yesterday but sadly not in time for me to get a card made for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch.  The deadline was 12.00 noon on Friday and Mr Postie came around at 11.30 am, hubby was due home for lunch at 12.00 pm and then my groceries were delivered not long after he'd gone back to work at 1.00 pm so it just wasn't happening.  I managed to get it mostly done by 4.00 pm but it was too late by then.


This is my latest haul.  For those of you that don't know (or may not have heard) Claire is now doing some smaller sets and even a few mini sets which are much kinda to the ol' pocket book too - less than £4 for some of them so if you've always wanted a set of Waltzing Mouse stamps then there's never been a better time to try a set.  They're fab quality so you won't regret it plus these smaller, more affordable sets make gift giving to crafty friends possible too.  I could easily tuck one in a birthday/Christmas card to send to someone so I'll be keeping that in mind.


I chose this one figuring I'd make cards for the boys maybe and because the design team created some amazing cards with it.  Like a lot of you I struggle with boy cards and since they're getting older I need 'teen' style and 'trendy' cards more than ever so this should make things much easier.


But I simply cannot tell a lie.  THIS was the one I was drooling over!  Can you believe it was only £3.99?  Talk about value for money!  I ADORE anything strawberry. I'm sure I've mentioned that I have strawberries in my kitchen before and the sheer size of this strawberry blew me away.  Granted I have a PTI strawberry set plus a few of the friendship jar sets - Yep, I have a thing for jars too - but you can never have too many of your favourite kind of thing huh? LOL


This was the sketch I was attempting to get a project done for but Mr Postie just wasn't quick enough and I was determined to use my new stamps or nothing!


And this is my 'sadly out of time' effort.  If you know how big that PTI tag die is then you get some idea of the scale of the strawberry.  The set isn't called Big Berries for nothing.  In fact it has the word strawberries next to it which makes me wonder if Claire has plans to introduce other 'big berries' at some point in the future - hhmmmm???  How cool would a raspberry or blueberry be?


This is the inside of the card - nothing too fancy but still cute and colourful to match the front.


And this is the back with that really sweet handmade stamp from WMS.  There are other stamps in thIS set but I guess once I get a favourite I'm nothing if not loyal to it.  Besides I think this one says everything I want to say so it's perfect.

This card is going to Jessica for being such a sweetie to her mummy.  She knew I was stuck at home right now so she sent me series 1 & 2 of Downton Abbey plus the 'Call the Midwife' series DVD's - all of which I watched in about 3 days.  Like I said earlier - I had a pretty rough time earlier this week and spent a few more days on the couch than I wanted to but I needed the rest and thanks to her I had plenty to do to keep me occupied.  She's a darling daughter and in about 4 days time I get to go see her for a few days.  I am soooo excited I can hardly wait - oh and it's also my 32nd wedding anniversary but seeing Jess is what I really want to do.  We miss her dreadfully and would love for her to move back closer to home.

Anyhow I missed the WMSC 105 but I did manage to get one in on time for 104.


This was the sketch and below is my effort.


I used a combination of stamp sets and a mixture of papers, Cosmo Cricket, Crate and one or two random ones.  Can't for the life of me figure out why so much yellow should be featuring in my crafting right now but it makes a nice bright, cheery change.

Well it's getting late and the bath is calling me so I'm off for a relax in the tub.  The other evening I actually took a book in with me - I haven't done that in donkey's years!  I think I could easily take up reading again if I did this. Totally undisturbed time - it's like a little piece of heaven :-)

I have a few more things to share but I'll save them for Monday.  See you then.  BTW it's been great to hear back from some of you out there - I've missed ya!

Love

Suezie




1 comment:

hotpotato said...

Nice to see you back blogging Suezie, I was about to delete you from my blog list as you hadn't been around for so long and what a surprise when I just clicked in......you're back!