I thought I would share just a few photos with you since I have been sorting through my pictures to take a CD back home with us.
This photo was taken the last time we went back to see mom - we never stayed long enough and there was always way too much time that passed in between visits. Over the years we developed little rituals like a family meal on our last night so this was taken on one of those occasions.
Mom would no doubt hate this shot and she was forever glaring at me and telling me to 'put that camera away' but I'm glad I didn't listen to her or I wouldn't have gotten shots like this. We took a trip to Scotland but it was pretty cold so she picked up this beany hat - always the 'well dressed' traveller - that was mom LOL! We saw far more of the UK (including Scotland, Ireland and Wales) than we would of done otherwise so we have many happy travels to remember her by too.
In fact it was because of mom that we all got to meet the Queen! While mom got to say hello to her I had two choices - say hello or shove my camera in her face - I think you know which one I went for! Even more exciting we later found 3 local newspapers which all featured a shot with guess who (besides her Maj that is) in them? - only MOM that's who!
And then of course there was the time we surprised her and showed up just in time for dinner on Christmas Day - our first all together for 20 years! Thanks to snow it had taken Dave and I three days to get there and boy when she got a hold of me I didn't think I was ever gonna draw breath again - she hugged me so tight and sooooooo long! There is no doubt in my mind that she loved me every bit as much as I loved her.
I am so very thankful that we have a whole lifetime of memories to comfort us right now and tho' we'll be staying at mom's - it will never be quite the same again. I could share a whole bunch more photos, stories and memories to go along with them but it's midnight now and we have a flight to catch in the morning.
So I'm makin that journey one more time - and mom this one's for you!



12 comments:
Suezie, so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and your family as you make one final trip to say goodbye.
Hi Suezie. I'll be thinking of you. Thank you for sharing this with us. Alot of special memories. I was ok till that last photo and the last sentence. Have a safe flight my friend...
Hugs;
Karen
Suezie you and your family will be in my prayers. safe travel my friend :) how awesome that she is now home with our Lord.
will catch up with you in email when you get home :)
Sorry to hear of your loss Suezie, Safe journey and I will keep you in my prayers. We can thank the Lord for special memories.
x Tricia
Praying for you all, safe travel .
love Eunice
My prayers are with you aand your family. Your Mom looks like an amazing woman who enjoyed life to the fullest. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your Mom's life with family surrounding you.
Suezie, we are so sorry to hear your news our thoughts are with you,David and all your family. your blog is a lovely tribute to your mom. I know your faith will see you through this sad time.xx
Oh Suezie, I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing your special memories and pictures with us.
May God bless you and your family as you travel, and deal with the loss of your mother. You have wonderful memories to keep her close. Be safe, and know that she is now watching over you.
Sorry for your loss Suezie, safe trip x
So very sad for your loss. Thank you for sharing such heartfelt pictures of your mom. Hope your trip is filled with more memories that bring a smile to your heart. Travel safe!
I am soooooooo sorry for you loss. Many good thoughts, hugs and prayers for you and your family. (I'm sorry it took me soooo long to get here. I haven't been doing much blog hopping lately.)
Post a Comment