Saturday, 18 September 2010

Back Home!

Well we're back home again after what has to be one of the toughest week's of my life!  How do you make a trip thousands of miles to bury a parent?  With a HUGE amount of love and support that's how - and that's exactly what got Dave and I through.

We are soooooo very grateful to all his family, to mom's special friends and especially to his brother and sisters who made this do-able and in many ways eased the pain and grief we felt (and still feel).  Don't start me crying again!

I wonder do we ever realise just how important 'family' is?  It isn't gonna be easy keepin in touch without mom to bind us all together but we have to try.

I want to also pay tribute to God who blessed us in so many ways it's impossible to list them all.  We had upgrades we didn't ask for, the smoothest flights we've EVER had - people actually applauded our landing at Heathrow today!  We even had the right connections so it was 10 hours on the international flight rather than the usual 12 and a strong tail wind pushing us home in record time!  We also avoided things that could've been a real problem and had the chance to share this much needed time with family.  Some really precious items of mom's made it home all in one piece - in fact not a single thing got broken - and we even managed to get ALL our luggage in Jilly's car.  Just how I don't exactly know but I should've taken a photo cos we were wedged in so tight it would've made funny viewing - seriously -  LOL!

Special thanks go out to my BFF Jilly and our darling god-daughter Natasha too.  We love you guys and we couldn't have done it without you!

I also want to share several photos over the next few days but for now I am just sharing this special one.


These are mom's 4 kids (my hubby is on right) taken amid the sunshine in Deb's back yard.  There were many tears this time around (we seemed to take it in turns each day) but it's good to remember that there were many smiles - and I'm sure mom was smiling down on us too. Love you guys!

We came home, unloaded the car and then went straight to bed for a couple of hours.  When we woke up we discovered our girls had got their heads together and left us dinner, dessert, chocolate and even got in milk for that ever important cup of tea! So thoughtful of them - you know how I love my tea - thanks girls, love ya :-).

It will take us a couple days to recover from the journey - seems like it gets harder the older we get and I have had to grab mom's cardigan to wear cos we've come back to cold weather - at least it feels real cold compared to the weather we had back home.  We've swapped air con for heaters (well almost) I haven't actually put the heater on yet but I just might.

I'll be back in circulation real soon.  For now I think it's a soak in a hot bath tub and an early night so Dave and I can make church tomorrow and then get geared up for work on Monday.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and kind wishes.

Love Suezie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there were many peoples thoughts with you this time around and the arms of your faith will be strong for ever.
Take care
x Tricia

Sherry Eckblad said...

Welcome home safe and sound my friend. Family can be amazing and can get you through the toughest journeys in life.

Karen Wilson said...

Welcome home Suezie. Sounds like a very emotional trip and thank you for sharing such a special photo. Relax, unwind and we'll all be here when you get some time to sit and make your rounds. I'm a very family oriented person as well...both my own family AND my extended family mean the world to me, so I can understand when you say how much they help you through these times and how sweet of your girls too!!

Rose said...

so glad your trip went so smooth, God is good!! you relax and re coop from the trip girl :)